Old Time Radio at OTRCat!

Monday, April 28, 2008

I am hearing Jerry Wright blather about "black religious experience" at the National Press Club, being applauded by white guys guilty over their lack of melanin. The "attacks" on Wright are actually an attack on The Black Church, sez he. He is talking about black liberation theology, and is making many references to "The Hebrew Bible". His theology is firmly linked to the Judaizing teachers of the first century.

Here is my take: The unlearned black preachers of slavery days grabbed onto the story of the Exodus, and made it their own, longing for their own exodus from servitude. They did not recognize the supremacy of the PERSONAL transformation in Christ, not understanding that the physical exodus from Egypt was a type, a mere shadow of the reality of the spiritual realm. It is much the same as the end-time mania, believers insisting the figure is the reality, the type is the template, the figurative is literal.

AHA! The apostasy is revealed. During the Q&A, Wright was asked "Jesus said: 'I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no-one comes to the Father but by Me.'. What do you think about the Muslims?"

Preacher Wright sez "Jesus also said 'I have other sheep who are not of this fold.'.
He conveniently left off the rest of the verse: "I must also lead those, and they shall hear My voice, and there shall be one flock, one Shepherd ."

Oh, yes, Jesus was DEFINITELY talking about Muslims!

Wright's little soundbite that I have SURELY taken out of context makes it clear that he must be talking about Hay-soos his gardener, 'cos he sure ain't talking about Jee-sus.
Most of our elementary-level Sunday schoolers could refute that from Scripture.

I'm back, I'm tired, and I'm going to bed. Wright makes me cranky.

------------------------------------------------------
NEXT: Public school works !

4 comments:

David The Good said...

Aardvark-san, why talk about black people when there are Japanese people in the world! Visit my blog for anime fun!

The Aardvark said...

That is disturbing in SO many ways.

...But is it Loli?

David The Good said...

Disturbing?

You need to visit my blog. Seriously.

And see my updated profile. :)

The Aardvark said...

I did.

That's what's disturbing!

Ummm...what does Rachel think?
And where's HER pic with the wig?