Old Time Radio at OTRCat!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Your Aardvark has been remiss in his duties.

The new year is starting with a bang, not a whimper. Business-wise, we are doing very well, even in the winter doldrums. For this we are all profoundly Thankful.

As to areas of Politics and Governance, well, my interest begins to pall. The Ship of State is foundering on the shoals of Pragmatism and the Foolishness of the Pee-pul. The most cogent counsel I am receiving from many quarters is COME OUT! Don't vote. Don't participate.

Frankly, it becomes an increasingly tenable position. If, as one fellow put it, Theft is wrong (according to God's Immutables), then it is equally wrong to put in a representative who will steal for me by proxy. Our representatives...DO NOT. At least, they do not represent ME.

The Lie of the Moral Majority and the Christian Coalition is that a united Christian vote Means Something in our post-Christian times. To quote a favorite Lewis character: Show it me i' the Book!". I find no indication of Jesus or Paul advocating political activism. To practice such seems antithetical to Christ's explanation to Pilate that "My kingdom is not of this world".

Political doings have been my life for twenty years. Vote Christian! Sadly, EVERY putatively Christian candidate for whom I have voted has bitten me on the bum, from Jimmuh Cahter on.
As far as activism, I remember well the parties in the streets that followed the overturning of Roe v. Wade. Do you remember where you were that day; remember how our Representatives listened to the majority outcry for the unborn, moved by the peaceful, hymn-singing, praying marchers standing for innocent lives?

Behold the spectacle of the American Church NOT speaking as Nathan to Washington's David, but wavering and keeping silent so as to maintain 501c3 status, for we all know that American Christians will contribute, not because cheerful giving delights their Lord, but because they can deduct their "charity" from their Income Taxes. Maybe my right hand should not know what my left is doing, but by Goo, Washington will.

The producers are robbed to pay for policies they do not often agree with, and their wealth given often to the lazy, and those who feel "entitled" by race, neighborhood, or ancestry.
Foul. FOUL.

Our Leaders drag our nation into international conflicts that ultimately are not our business. I have NO MORE patience with the stupidity which passes for Foreign Policy.

Our crime rates are going up, and much of it is IN FACT caused by the Hard Working But Undocumented Neighbors From South Of The Border Who Do The Work That Lazy Americans Won't Do Anymore. The illegal ones, the ones whose very presence here proclaims their disdain for our laws. The ones Our Representatives have so ably combatted by beefing up border security.

Then there is the North American Union.
FOUL!

I cannot take it anymore. To be ignored by "my representatives" is more than I can bear.
To be billed for it is an indignity too great.

I do not know what to do. For once it appears that there is no good answer. Everyone whines about it, but NO-ONE has an answer.

No comments: