Old Time Radio at OTRCat!

Sunday, January 21, 2007

What does it mean?

I am on the cusp of becoming fifty years old, and I have no inkling of what this means.
I look like the men that I have always called "Sir".
Yet, in my own head, I am as I was in my twenties and thirties. Fact is, I have no idea where the last twenty years have gone. This is no paean of regret, but rather a Bemusement.

I love toys, and the kids shows of my youth. I am a devotee of the animation arts. Fact is, I find them to be the most creative and original motion picture story forms extant. I get on well with The Younger Set, and try desperately hard NOT to be the Dutch uncle.

Bottom line, I don't know "how to be fifty", so I guess I'll just carry on as usual.

Maybe I'll get it when I'm seventy.

1 comment:

Billiam said...

I'll be turning 43 shortly. In my mind, I'm still in my 20's. Spry, agile and devastatingly handsome. In fact, I inspire awe! Unfortunately, it gets lost in translation between my mind and my body! ROTFLMAO!