Old Time Radio at OTRCat!

Monday, November 25, 2013

Lysander Spooner need not apply.






So, allow the Aardvark to suggest a third party, the Liberty Party (for them wot feels that "Liberty" sounds too close to "Libertarian", we'll go for the Freedom Party). The Freedom Party would stand for constitutional liberty, small government, large freedom and opportunity. The name is what it is all about. Constitutional limits on the government = freedom the Several States, and for the people.

"But there is a Constitution Party alREADY!"

Fine. It comes across like the High School Bible Club. Yes I am a Christian. No, I don't believe that Congress should be run like a Jr. High lock-in. "Ooooh, ooooh! I wanna watch "A Thief in the Night" again!!!" I do believe that righteousness exalts a nation, and should be sought after and practised, but that comes from the men whom we vote into office. THEY are the source of right-doing, based upon the Standard God has set. Were I a Congressman (no, don't even think about it) I would be bound to behave as my faith dictates, and as my constituents require, for the one-or-two terms which I would serve. We need to restore a milieu in which that vision is more readily realised. This requires Work, and Effort.

Think about it, will ya?

No comments: