Yep, I have apparently been wrong. My taking doctrinal pot-shots at dispensationalism and the whole Left Behind thing may have been ill-advised, if not out-and-out erroneous. Trust me people, I hate being wrong, but this is so important to us all.
When you think of "The Beast" in Revelation you think of this:
Rev 13:11-17 MKJV
(11) And I saw another beast coming up out of the earth. And it had two horns like a lamb, and he spoke like a dragon.
(12) And it exercises all the authority of the first beast before him, and causes the earth and those dwelling in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
(13) And it does great wonders, so that it makes fire come down from the heaven onto the earth in the sight of men.
(14) And it deceives those dwelling on the earth, because of the miracles which were given to it to do before the beast, saying to those dwelling on the earth that they should make an image to the beast who had the wound by a sword and lived.
(15) And there was given to it to give a spirit to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast might both speak, and might cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.
(16) And it causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark on their right hand, or in their foreheads,
(17) even that not any might buy or sell except those having the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of its name.
Facility of speech, the ability to bring people together in their awe of your ability to speak to the Issues of the Day, international adulation; all point to a miraculous ability as a communicator. Even when you say nothing of note, the masses hang upon every syllable. Iraqis, Germans, Israelis, Americans, what a disparate bunch to be enthralled by your person. The Germans are in a veritable furor over you!
You really say nothing, but the People receive it as wisdom from on high. Again, a miracle.
Jack, Tim, Hal, I'm sorry. Nero wasn't the one. Barack Hussein Obama is The Beast. Gotta be.
I hope I can get the letters in his name tot up to 666. That would be AWESOME .