Old Time Radio at OTRCat!

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Fashion faux pas

The rolling-up of the trousers leg is not my sole sartorial sin.

Oh my, no.

Besides having short legs (when descending stairs, my gait is not dissimilar to that of Dr. Loveless) I also have size 8 1/2 wide schoon. The local shops have what are purportedly 8.5 W, but are exaggerating somewhat.Thus I was driven to try... (Pretty Lady, I struggle )

To try Crocs.

A local head shop (what used to be called such...now it's Trendily Nostalgic) "Crossroads" carries the artless beasts, so I went to check them out. I picked the black original design for guys, and mercy, it's the best idea I've had since the last best idea I had. I have no discomfort after a prolonged bout of printing t-shirts. Relatively cheap, and very comfy. And ugly. I just wish the old-style Earth Shoes were available, or even the Thom McAn knockoffs.

'Course, they were ugly, too.

2 comments:

Ian McLeod said...

Those abominations are best suited for women who go out in public wearing pajamas or sweat-pants. They are a popular accessory for the PJ-Set.

I think Satan invented Crocs as a way to tempt me unto blasphemy. I believe that Crocs are the final death-knell of Western Civilization, and the next step towards the NAU.

Orwell was wrong. The future is a Croc stomping on a human face...

No, what you need are some Docs, not Crocs. The Docs will even add a couple inches, to alleviate your Napoleonic stature. :P

Okay, I'm done picking on you. You asked for it when you bought those things, though.

The Aardvark said...

I feel the love...