Old Time Radio at OTRCat!

Monday, June 19, 2006

Why is NOTHING good enough?

Got back from Florida last night. Drove almost all the way, and now I suffer from car lag.

Yuk.

Thus I was away from home on Pater's Day. Got home and the Dread Dormomoo and Loen had schemed about a Present. Certainly one is Not Required, but it sure is nice to get one. They had thought about something that I had not EVEN considered, but is practically de rigeur for at least one Fathers Day remembrance.

A grill. A propane grill. A shiny stainless and black grill.

I may not know art, but I know what I like!

We had steaks grilled tonight, with mine own hand, on mine own grill.

Beauty!
--------------------------------------------------

HoukoCon was astounding. It was held at the Port St. Lucie Community Center...also known as Geezerville. This tiny little first-year con was VERY well done, Tiffany and crew worked their hearts out, sweat, blood, angst, and all. Well played! As far as our shirt sales, well, we started doing Sci-Fi cons in 1980. I NEVER did as well at one of those as I did at this little Florida anime convention. Amazing.
Met Brian Clevinger, the master-mind of 8-bit Theater. An exceedingly entertaining guy. Go buy his book, Nuklear Age.

Trust the Aardvark. Buy the book, then some Ace bandages to wrap your ribs, 'cos if you don't, you will hurt yourself laughing. Out loud. In public. And people will look at you. Oh such looks you will get.

And it will all be worth it.
--------------------------------------------

Why is nothing good enough, then?
I habitually drive the speed limit. Precisely. You know, the posted speed limit, with signs and everything?
Consequently, 'most everyone passes me.
Why isn't the speed limit good enough? It puzzles me.
If they raised the limit from 70 to 80, these people would drive 90 mph.

1 comment:

Billiam said...

Congrats on the grill, and a belated happy paters day! I know what you mean about the spped limit. My rig goes 62, plenty fast for me. When driving my car, I run the speed limit, my cycle, at or slightly below. Good enough..