Old Time Radio at OTRCat!

Saturday, September 17, 2011





OOOOOOH! Did you FEEL that?!?                                                                                                                                                                             

Well, it appears that our Aardvark shop has a haint!

Riatsila and I have both experienced our Walker. Late at night, and in the wee hours, we have both heard footsteps in our second floor, where no-one was. Going upstairs has often yielded near-terminal cases of goosebumps and hair standing on end (no mean feat for me!), but no evidence of Anyone There. (The sound we hear is not "floor-settling" nor mouse scurrying. It is the sound of someone walking.) The previous tenant reports the same, as well as seeing an apparition at the top of the stairs.

I have no inclination to take steps against our guest; I do not believe that "ghosts" are the disembodied dead, unconvinced of their moribundity. Nor do I think that they are fell apparitions protecting their psychic turf. I don't even think it is Farmer McGillicuddy in a rubber mask, muttering about "meddling kids". I suspect, in a Lewisian way, that things like this are part of the spiritual flora and fauna of a place. The dryads and nymphs may have existed as part of the ecology of our world, no harm, no foul, but the decision to worship these entities was the error.

Whatever it may be, something is making itself known- perhaps inadvertently- and I will be interested to watch this play out.

No comments: