Old Time Radio at OTRCat!

Monday, October 30, 2006

Repudiating the Holy Leaf


OK, I'm just tired of it.
The Libertarian Party is about more than marry-joo-wanna.
At the moment, I'm not sure WHAT more, but I am sure there must be SOMETHING.

I wore my "write-in Loretta Nall" t-shirt on a delivery, and then stopped off at my favorite tortilla factory, where they also serve authentic tortilla-based meals. The owner and his wife are becoming friends of mine, and so his reaction meant a lot.

"Oh, no....you're a pot smoker?"

Sigh.

I do not indulge in the sacramental smoke, no, and I am becoming weary of being forced into cannabis conversations whenever my libertarian leanings are revealed. Yes, I believe the current "War on _______" (insert favorite bellicosity) mentality is unconstitutional and wrong.
Poverty goes on strong. The Drug Trade is still robust. The jails are full of recreational tokers, just as Thomas Jefferson and Co. intended. It is an immense waste of manpower and resources.
There. That is established.

There must be a platform. Oh, wait...HERE IT IS!

I knew that there was more to it than that.

Sad that the Man on the Street doesn't know about it!

No comments: