Old Time Radio at OTRCat!

Thursday, November 22, 2012



























To all my many Reader-

I am thankful for our nation, that our nation has not passed the point of no return if only good men and women will do right; that I have a lovely family, all that I need, and that God loves us so much that He wants us to be with Him forever, so He sent Jesus to us on our silent planet.

I am thankful for good authors, Bradbury, Heinlein, Cordwainer Smith, Dickens for the schmaltz, T.S.Eliot, Lewis, L'Engle, Twain, Wodehouse, Steinbeck, Poe, Harper Lee, and the myriad of other writers of lesser note who have enriched my life.

I am thankful we turned off cable last January.

I am thankful for the Wonka meme, old-time radio, and audiobooks. I am thankful that my muse has not left me bereft.

I am thankful for the odd little assemblages of fans that we regularly hob-nob with at anime conventions. Thankful for anime, especially old-school, Leiji Matsumoto, Hayao Miyazaki, the weird and cranky stuff out of the '80s and '90s.

I am thankful for Stan Freberg.

I am thankful for you.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving day, and may the coming year supply many more things to be thankful for.





No comments: