Old Time Radio at OTRCat!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The report is in...

That which I greatly feared hath overtaken me.

('Course, I'm only a little bit....) These quizzes have a problem. They are too , hmmmm, homogeneous. They are like comparing cottage cheese with pepper vs. cottage cheese with paprika. AND there is the problem of my being Christian in my thought processes. (HAH! He's a CHRIS-chun, and he's a narcissist!) That means that some words and concepts mean summat different to me than to, say, a worldling. I tried to answer as neutrally as possible (HAH! He said "I".), but it was difficult.

Here is an example of the "different thinking" in another context. Martin Luther wrote of the Problem of Temptation: "I cannot prevent a bird from flying over my head. I can prevent him from building a nest in my hair ." This pretty well defines temptation for me. I thought may flit unbidden through my mind. I do not have to dwell on it and DO it. This understanding kept me out of a job 20-odd years ago, because I answered the question "Have you ever been tempted to take money from the register.". In a move that may have been closer to the dowager in "Don Juan in Hell"*, I said "yes", even though I have never thought seriously about stealing any money from an employer. The thought may have flickered through my noddle, (temptation) but I did not do it, nor would I seriously have considered it. The world (oddly enough) has a stronger definition of temptation than do I (HAH! He thinks he's different from everybody else!)

Sigh. If I ran the world, things would be different.

I think that I will...Just call me Saxon....

 

Results of your
Narcissistic Personality Quiz


Your Total: 21

Between 12 and 15 is average.
Celebrities often score closer to 18.
Narcissists score over 20.
Because you scored 18 or higher, you may want to check out the symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder.
Here's how you rated on the seven component traits of narcissism:
Narcissistic Trait
Strength of Trait
Authority: 7.00
Self-Sufficiency: 3.00
Superiority: 4.00
Exhibitionism: 3.00
Exploitativeness: 3.00
Vanity: 0.00
Entitlement: 1.00

 

 * She was shocked to discover herself in Hell, because she was so devout that she would go to confession and confess sins she hadn't even committed.

2 comments:

Michael W said...

Reminds me of the online Hogwarts Sorting Hat quizzes I sometimes find. I always end up being sorted into Hufflepuff.

On a slightly more related note: once, on a job application, I was asked if I was (or ever was) a member of an organization whose goal was the violent overthrow of the Constituional government of the United States. Speaking of Temptation I was SO SEVERELY TEMPTED to answer: "Why yes, as a matter of fact I am, and thank you for giving me a chance to come out into the open with this. In spite of it I still would like to work for you running dog stooges of imperialist thugs . . . at least until the day when we stand all of you up against a wall and have you shot. By the way, is there a Break Room?"

Anonymous said...

b, nolvadex, cymbalta and alcohol, lioresal intrathecal, neurontin, inderal, how to use cytotec for an abortion,