It's The End Of The World As We Know It.
NBC's The Book of Daniel premiered last Friday, and was reru....ummm, encored on Saturday.
I was surprised when the sun rose on Sunday. The premise is laughable, the fact that NBC thinks it to be Christian family fare is moreso. Now, the call-in chat shows are bubbling with the ferment of Righteous Indignation. Write to NBC!!! BOYCOTT THE SPONSORS!!! ELECT JAMES DOBSON KING!!!!
Here's my question, to any and all of the writers, phoners, boycotters, and waggers of Indignation's boney finger:
- When's the last time you had a Bible study with someone?
- Have you ever led someone to Christ, and had them rocket out of the waters of baptism clean, new, their eyes ashine with Joy Unspeakable?
- Have you invited your coworker, neighbor or friend to church?
- Have you counseled a troubled acquaintance from the wisdom of God's Word?
- Do you pray for your friends?
- Do you pray for the heads of networks, for whom Jesus also was crucified, dead, and buried, and arose again from the dead?
Romans 1:16, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."
Bringing people to Christ. Making disciples of the nations.
THAT, friends, will be the end of the world as we know it.