Old Time Radio at OTRCat!

Friday, September 22, 2006

Friday night, and I just had church!

Well, no revivals or gospel meetings in sight.

Lily-white, two of my ancestors signers of the South Carolina Ordinance of Secession, I ran across BET. Yeppers, Black Entertainment Television. I saw Steve Harvey.

"Don't Trip ... He Ain't Through with Me Yet"

Let me tell you, not a "blue note" in the show; a paean of faith and wisdom.
His show-stopper finale, "How he would introduce the Prince of Peace" had me jumping up and down in the kitchen with my hands in the air, shouting praises to the King.

There is real wisdom in much of the funny in the show. Brethren and sistren, if you have the chance, see it. You will laugh, you will be blessed, you will see Jesus' work in another imperfect believer.

Like you, and like me.

No comments: