Old Time Radio at OTRCat!

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Ha, and HA!
Back in the day- a phrase which has cropped up innumerably the past few days- I went to school with, and played in the school band with, the probable next head of the Fed.
That's right, Ben Bernanke.
THAT Ben Bernanke.
He has been on my mind lately, but oddly, not because of hearing Cavuto burble about him. Just one of those co-inky-dinkies, I guess.
Ben, the smoker of foot-long novelty cigars.
Ben, the player of poker.
Ben, the regaler of ribaldry.
Ben, the mental multiplier.
Also, Ben, the player of sax!
I could go on, but I shan't. I have little data on his policies, but if he is tapped to take Greenspan's mantle, well....
Wow...Dillon High School boy makes good!

His brother Seth was a friend of mine in high school, and introduced me to the novel "Dune".
Hat tip, Seth.

I was not as close to sister Mindy, as she had issues with my evangelical propensities at school, but she was a brilliant, lovely young lady.

If I recall, the family owned the Jaybee drug store. Bought my first pipe there, and lots of sulfur and potassium nitrate, to do pyrotechnic experiments. Oh, yeah.

Hail to the Bernankes. May God bless them all.

No comments: